Enchanted Jewelry - located at 131 Norwich Road Plainfield, CT 06374 as of the summer of 2018 - was started in 1985 as a costume jewelry retail store by Gilles St-Georges. Through constant study and mentoring, Gilles transitioned to fine jewelry and quickly became a respected bench jeweler and watchmaker. His friendly, laid-back personality and expertise created the store's legacy of quality, integrity and honesty. Fans have honored Enchanted Jewelry with many awards and count on it for one-of-a-kind, high quality fine jewelry and watch shopping/repair.
On January 1, 2017, Gilles transferred ownership to his daughter, Jill. She and her son Joe (Gilles's grandson) now run the shop daily while "Gill" enjoys much-deserved retirement and periodically offers words of wisdom to help Enchanted Jewelry grow and continually meet customer's needs. Joe is in training to become a respected bench jeweler like his grandfather - while also being a talented musician.
Some of the shopping and services offered at Enchanted Jewelry include:
- Member of Jewelers of America (JA) and Independent Jewelers Organization (IJO)
- Training via Gemological Institute of America (GIA), New Approach Jewelry School (NAJS), JA and IJO
- Gold/platinum/silver fine jewelry: diamond engagement/anniversary/gemstone rings, gold/silver chains, pendants, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, charms, beads - many collections feature USA/CT designers and/or have a manufacturer's lifetime warranty
- Watches, watch bands, watch batteries, watch link adjustments
- Gold/silver/platinum: sizing rings, repairing jewelry, buying scrap for value toward a new piece of fine jewelry
- Custom design, "CounterSketch"
- Special order of numerous fine jewelry brands, engraved items, holiday and special occasion gifts
- Off-site appraisals, bead/pearl stringing
Thank you for your decades of loyalty and support.