Enchanted Jewelry - now located at 131 Norwich Road Plainfield, CT 06374 (as of July 2, 2018) - was started in 1985 as a costume jewelry retail store by Gilles St-Georges. Through constant study and mentoring, Gilles transitioned to fine jewelry and quickly became a respected bench jeweler and watchmaker. His friendly, laid-back personality, fair manner and considerable expertise created the store's legacy of quality, integrity and honesty. Fans have honored Enchanted Jewelry with many awards and have counted on it for quality fine jewelry shopping and repair.
On January 1, 2017, Gilles transferred ownership to his daughter, Jill. Her son Joe (Gilles's grandson) began training as a bench jeweler and "Gill" began to "practice" his much-deserved retirement. Gill offers words of wisdom to help Enchanted Jewelry grow and continue to meet customer's needs. Joe also began training Jiu Jitsu, in addition to being a talented musician.
Some of the shopping and services offered at Enchanted Jewelry include:
- Member of Jewelers of America (JA) and Retail Jewelers Organization (RJO)
- Training via Gemological Institute of America (GIA), New Approach Jewelry School (NAJS), JA and RJO
- Gold/platinum/silver fine jewelry: diamond engagement/anniversary/gemstone rings, gold/silver chains, pendants, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, charms, beads - many collections feature USA/CT designers and/or have a manufacturer's lifetime warranty
- Watches, watch bands, watch batteries, watch link adjustments
- Gold/silver/platinum: sizing rings, repairing jewelry, buying scrap for value toward a new piece of fine jewelry
- Custom design, "CounterSketch"
- Special order of numerous fine jewelry brands, engraved items, holiday and special occasion gifts
- Off-site appraisals and bead/pearl stringing
Thank you for your decades of loyalty and support.